CUBO Training Events
CUBO and higher education training company University Hospitality Seminars work in partnership to deliver tailored professional development for commercial and campus services professionals.
CUBO members and partners receive a 25% discount on these courses.
Our annual conferences are also packed with professional
development and networking.
During the Covid-19 crisis we will be working with UHS to reschedule or move courses online. We welcome suggestions from universities and commercial partners for webinars and virtual round tables. Contact Jan Capper
Role of the Company Director
This course is available using on line learning materials
This course provides people who are aspiring to a directorship or are currently in one with an overall understanding of the role and responsibilities of a company director. Learn how to carry out the role effectively and to protect yourself
and the company, as far as is practical, from potential liabilities.
CUBO Residence Life Conference
6-7 May 2020, Burleigh Court Conference Centre and Hotel, Loughborough
We regret that after considerable consideration and in line with government advice on social distancing, we have decided to postpone the 2020 CUBO Residence Life Conference featuring the Acuho-i Masterclasses.
There is a lot of uncertainty around the ability of people to travel, and many reslife professionals will need to be at their institutions. It is already clear that our presenters from the USA will not be able to join us.
We have a new date for the conference in 2021, and are planning an exciting new 1-day professional development event in autumn 2020.
- The judging of the 2020 CUBO RA Awards will take place. The trophies for the winners will be sent to the nominator who can decide whether to organise a small presentation at a local level. This is of great regret, but we know that
many of our nominees will be leaving university this year. If they are still in post from September 2020, they will be invited to the autumn professional development.
- The judging of New Residence Life Professional Award will also take place and the winner will be announced at the Residence Life development event in autumn 2020. The prize will be funding to attend the 2021 Acuho-i Conference in the
- We will refund all credit card payments for the CUBO Residence Life Conference 2020. If you have booked pre conference accommodation direct with Burleigh Court, you will need to contact the venue to cancel directly and they will refund
you. If you booked the standard conference package including accommodation on 6th May, you do not need to take any action at all.
- If you booked using a purchase order and you have processed your invoice UHS will raise a credit note.
- The details of the new Residence Life Professional Development event for the autumn will be announced as soon as possible and we will be looking to include speakers who had prepared presentations for the postponed conference. In addition,
Tommi and Blu will be leading a session on transgender and we intend to include a debate on lessons learned from COVID-19.
- The 2021 CUBO Residence Life Conference next year will be at Burleigh Court, Loughborough on 4 & 5 May 2021.
If you have any questions, please call David McKown on 07831 864339 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
All the best and stay safe
David McKown, Director, UHS Ltd
Jan Capper, CEO, CUBO