- Events & Training
- My CUBO
|2019 Summer conference - Information|
Information & Booking
The conference takes place at Swansea University's Bay Campus. Our main venue is the Great Hall and accommodation is within walking distance. Apart from the Social Night at the National Waterfront Museum at Swansea Marina, everything is happening on campus.
On the first morning (3 July) and from 12pm on the final day (5 July), a free shuttle bus will run between the campus and Swansea Train Station.
Who can attend
Member Delegate Package
Additional accommodation, dinner place, etc.
Refunds can be made for cancellation before 12th April 2019 subject to a £20 administration fee. No refund can be made for cancellations after this date, but a replacement delegate may be substituted at no extra cost up to 48 hours before arrival with prior notice.
Booking Conditions and Payment
Registration and Confirmation
1. Conference registration is open to registered members of CUBO, who may also pass their place to a commercial services colleague working at management level in their university. Contact us if you need to check your membership category / number of places.
2. Confirmation will be emailed to you directly once you have completed on-line booking. An invoice will be attached to your confirmation email. It is your responsibility to pass the invoice to the relevant department to ensure that it is paid within 30 days of receiving the confirmation email even if paying by cheque or BACS.
3. All payments must be received before the event begins.
4. If you are paying by credit card, please note that a 3.5% surcharge will apply. Unfortunately, we cannot accept American Express or Diners Card. Your invoice will act as your receipt and show as paid.
5. Registration cannot be accepted by telephone and places are only guaranteed on confirmation and payment.
Cancellations and Refunds Policy
1. If you wish to cancel your registration, please contact Assured Events via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Refunds can be made before 12th April 2019 subject to a £20 administration fee. No refund can be made for cancellations after this date, but a replacement delegate may be substituted at no extra cost up to 48 hours before the event with prior notice.
Swansea University Bay Campus
conference takes place in the Great Hall, focal point of the campus and also venue for the CUBO
Awards. The exhibition will be in a marquee between the Great Hall and beach. The conference
accommodation is on-campus within easy walking distance. Built in 2015, all rooms are en-suite,
with tea & coffee, toiletries and towels provided. Delegates have free access to the
Swansea University Bay Campus
Travelling west on the M4 leave the motorway at junction 42 and follow signs for Swansea on the A483 (Fabian Way). The Bay Campus is situated to the left-hand side of Fabian Way and the main entrance is controlled by traffic lights. There is a Visitors’ Car Park immediately to the left of the main entrance.
High-speed InterCity trains run at hourly intervals from London (Paddington) to Swansea. Travel time approximately 2 hours 50 minutes. The main InterCity services offer connections to Swansea from Birmingham, Bristol Parkway, Cardiff and London. There are also regional services via Sprinter trains to West, mid and North Wales. The nearest train station to the Bay Campus is Port Talbot Parkway (two stops before Swansea)
Delegates travelling by train to the conference from GWR route stations can benefit from a 20% discount on tickets if booked in advance.
For details of all rail services:
Tel: +44 (0)3457 484950
Buses run frequently between the city centre, Bay Campus, Singleton Park Campus and Hendrefoelan Student Village. For timetables and further information please contact: www.firstgroup.com and www.traveline.cymru for all public transport information in the area including train travel.
FROM CARDIFF INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
Catch a bus or take a taxi to central Cardiff and then take rail or Greyhound connection to Swansea.
FROM HEATHROW AIRPORT
Train: Either take the Rail-Air Link bus to Reading and the train from Reading to Port Talbot, or take the train from Heathrow to London (Paddington) and the train from Paddington to Port Talbot (or Swansea). Bus: Take bus 201 or 202 from the airport bus station to Swansea.
FROM GATWICK AIRPORT
Train: Take the train from Gatwick to Reading and then the train from Reading to Swansea. Bus: Take bus 201 or 202 from the airport bus station to Swansea.
Useful Contact Numbers
Event Organiser Assured Events: 0161 428 1115
University Tel: +44 (0)1792 205678 (24-hour) www.swansea.ac.uk
Bus and Coach Enquiries Traveline Tel: +44 (0)871 200 2233 www.traveline.org.uk
National Express Tel: +44 (0)3717 818 181 www.nationalexpress.com
Rail Services Tel: +44 (0)3457 484950 www.nationalrail.co.uk
Cycling and Walking (Active Travel) Singleton Park Campus and Bay Campus are linked by the National Cycle Route (NCN route 4). There is cycle parking facilities at both sites. If you are travelling locally or cycling from either Swansea or Port Talbot rail stations, the Swansea Bay Cycle network can be viewed here: www.cycleswanseabay.org.
SANTANDER CYCLES SWANSEA is a bike share scheme that everyone can use. There are 5 docking station hubs along the sweep of Swansea Bay, connecting both campuses. For further information download the Santander Cycles App from the App Store.