CUBO BOARD VACANCY – Director with Finance Portfolio
We’re seeking an individual from one of our member institutions to join the CUBO Board of Directors. You’ll work with talented peers to set and oversee the strategic direction of your professional association, while gaining invaluable
company director experience. This is a volunteer role taking an average of 2-3 hours of your time per month.
College and University Business Officers Ltd is a company limited by guarantee, a common legal entity for membership bodies and non-profit organisations. As a company director you are responsible for ensuring that the company is
properly run and legally compliant. New Board members are provided with appropriate information, insurance and training.
Benefits of directorship:
- Shaping the organisation and its future
- Working at a strategic level with a group of fellow professionals
- Championing commercial and campus services as a key part of the student experience and an important university income stream
- Supporting and developing senior managers and their teams to provide the best possible campus experiences and maximise their commercial acumen
- Representing CUBO and its members in the Higher Education sector and to Government
- Developing your own skills and networks.
Day-to-day accounting is carried out by the CUBO staff, while payroll, auditing and queries are handled by CUBO’s accountants, Hawsons. The Director with Finance Portfolio has responsibility for overseeing CUBO finances, working closely
with the CEO:
- Reporting to quarterly Board meetings
- Producing the annual budget and medium-term forecast
- Monitoring the reserves and reviewing the reserves policy
- Overseeing production of the audited accounts
- Bank account signatory
The CUBO Board:
- Chair Elect - Awards
- Vice Chair
- Board Member - Commercial
- Board member – Conferences
- Board member – Finance
- Board member – Housing Codes & Standards
- Board member – International
- Board member – Membership
- Board member – PR & Media
- Board member – Research
- Board member – Training
The quarterly Board meetings take place in August, November, February and May. There will be further meetings (virtual or physical) subject to portfolio. The Board and staff also communicate electronically year-round.
Given the responsibility and time commitment, it is essential that you have the support of their university in joining the CUBO Board.
For more information contact Jan Capper